Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cinnamon Flop

Reading about someone's affinity with Krispy Kreme doughnuts reminded of how much I miss a bit of sweet fluff in my mouth. I made this super-easy cinnamon flop insteadI will admit falls VERY SHORT of a bite of a classic glazed, but what to do.


Cinnamon is a flavour I love, but it does get a bit medicine-like when applied in larger doses, as I recently learnt (tingling tongue, slight loss of taste sensation).


Anyway, the recipe is a reduced version of the one here. I omitted the egg, as I wanted it doughy, not cakey.


1 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat atta flour)
1/2 cup sugar (add in more for a sweeter taste)
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 -2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 large egg (optional, I didn't use it)

TOPPING
1/4 cup brown sugar (can use more or less)
1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tbsp melted butter


Set oven to 17o degC.

Prepare your pan - I used a cupcake tin, greasing the insides with a little oil.

In a bowl mix the flour, white sugar, milk, vanilla or almond extract, baking powder, pinch of salt and egg (if using) until just combined. Careful not to overmix.

Pour into the prepared baking pan.

Generously spread brown sugar and cinnamon on top.

Drizzle melted butter over top.

Bake for 20 minutes.




No comments: